This website and its content is copyright of www.tbc.or.kr © All rights reserved.
This document sets out the terms and conditions between KBIA(The Battery Conference Secretariat) and you when you register for any event or conference organized by KBIA. By registering for an event or conference organized by KBIA you are agreeing to comply with these terms and conditions. You should read this document carefully.
- Acceptance of policies and registration conditions
- How we will use your information
KBIA uses the personal data you provide in this registration for administering your participation in this event. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event.
KBIA may disclose your personal data to third party service providers engaged by KBIA to assist in the conduct of the event (e.g. housing bureau, mobile application provider). Information you provide when registering for or participating in an event managed or co-sponsored by parties other than or in addition to KBIA may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties. Except as described herein, KBIA will not disclose your personal data to any other third party without your consent except where required to do so by law.
- Non-discrimination policy
- KBIA prohibits discrimination, harassment, and bullying against any person for any reason—for example, because of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity, appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Event conduct and safety
- KBIA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment to all participants, including staff and vendors, at KBIA-related events. KBIA has no tolerance for discrimination, harassment, or bullying in any form at KBIA-related events. Participants are expected to adhere to these principles and respect the rights of others.
What To Do If You Witness or are subjected to Unacceptable Behavior: Participants should report any behavior inconsistent with these principles to onsite event staff. Event staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
You may also contact KBIA directly to report a concern at email@example.com
- Liability waiver & release
- In consideration of being allowed to register for, and participate in the event, I hereby warrant and represent that I am age 18 or above and freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue KBIA or its members, employees, board members, agents, or volunteers for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, disability, property damage, or property theft or actions of any kind that I may hereafter suffer or sustain before, during, or after the event, unless said expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind is caused by the sole, gross negligence of KBIA. This Liability Waiver and Release is specifically binding upon my heirs and assigns and is knowingly given.
- Service as an invited speaker
- If you agree to speak at the KBIA sponsored event, we may share your contact and biographical information with event attendees. Sometimes we may also request a photograph. In other cases, we post on the respective event website information such as your name, employer, physical work address, work email address, as well as a link to your company website and/or professional LinkedIn page available to the public. This is so that visitors to the event website, including event attendees and speakers, can contact you with questions and requests for more information, and to provide feedback if needed. Additionally, speakers may be asked to complete a release agreement or copyright form prior to their presentation.
- Credential/badge scanning during the event
- KBIA event co-sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties may directly request your personal information at their exhibit booths or presentations. Providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns about how they will treat your personal information.
If during the event you attend a session or program hosted by an exhibitor other than KBIA, you understand and agree that when you present your badge for scanning or when you provide personal data, that information will go to a non-KBIA entity and KBIA takes no responsibility for how that company uses your personal information.
- Usage of photographic and video material taken at KBIA events
- To comply with global data privacy laws, KBIA imposes certain restrictions on the use of multimedia at its events (e.g. photography, video, audio, online streaming, and all future mediums). An attendee is permitted to use hand-held cameras and/or smart phones to take photographs and capture digital images for personal, non-commercial use, provided the photography is not disruptive. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
KBIA may hire professional service providers (photo/video/streaming/audio) to document and display the event experience. KBIA may also use social media (e.g. LinkedIn) to: (i) post real-time photos and videos to its social media feeds; and (ii) display select submissions from those feeds on monitors throughout the event venue. Attendees and sponsors are encouraged to capture their event experiences and post their own social content from the event (text, photos, audio, video, streaming), provided it does not infringe upon the rights of any attendee, sponsor, third party, or KBIA. Such infringement would include, but is not limited to, defamation or infringement of intellectual property rights. In the event an attendee requires a release or permission to protect the rights of a third party, obtaining such a release or permission shall be the sole responsibility of the attendee.
By attending the event, you acknowledge and agree as follows: (a) KBIA may edit and use footage it captures at the event for marketing and promotional activities and for any other lawful purpose in the ordinary course of its business; and (b) due to the prevalence of mobile recording devices in today’s world, KBIA disclaims all liability for the capture of your image in any multimedia format by other attendees at the event.
- - Currency: All ticket prices are stated in Korean Won (KRW).
- - Payment Method: Credit or debit card via the secure payment system Eximbay (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and Union Pay. All registration details, including payment details, shall be sent via a secure PG company’s (LG Uplus and Eximbay) server.
- - Tax: All sales are priced on the website exclusive of all applicable VAT or other taxes, where applicable. Please note that KBIA is not responsible for any additional taxes that may be assessed by any taxing agency on your purchase due to our processing.
- No Refunds
- Payments (Registration Fee) shall not be refundable under any circumstances.
The views expressed by any event attendee, speaker, exhibitor, or sponsor are not necessarily those of KBIA. All attendees, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of all individual or corporation presentations, marketing collateral, and/or advertising.
KBIA(The Battery Conference Secretariat) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to distribute a Feedback Form to registered delegates by email after the conference and share it with the Conference Organizer. Your feedback will be considered confidential and used for KBIA(The Battery Conference Secretariat) and Conference Organizer’s internal purposes only.